Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday, December 7, 2009

My biggest complaint right now is still abdominal swelling. After consulting with the PS and oncologist, the two possible causes are the Lupron or some abdominal fascia laxity. The frustrating thing is that there's no way to know for sure just now. The Lupron won't wear off until mid-February. I've read that a CT scan can detect abdominal laxity, but I don't see the PS again until just before Xmas. He assures me that if that's the cause, then it's very easily corrected during Stage 2 surgery. I'd rather him find out from testing than to do any more exploratory work than he absolutely has to.

I had a consult today with a urologist. He plans to do a bladder lift during the same surgery. I can thank those two big babies I had for that problem! They were worth it, though! So, assuming the PS and gyno's procedures go well, the urologist will do his procedure last. I guess it's kind of like going in for an overhaul - ha!

2 comments:

  1. I am very interested in finding out more about the DIEP procedure, and I live in Dallas. Would you mind sharing the name of the PS you liked so much? christineshreve@tx.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your comment. I'll email the info to you.

    ReplyDelete