Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pre-op testing

I had my pre-op testing at the hospital on Friday. Bloodwork and EKG. We arranged to get a "executive suite" so I'd be sure to have a private room plus there's a couch/bed that's long enough for my husband to sleep on.

I'm having periodic second thoughts. Why am I going this route when I could just have implants? Am I crazy for considering such an involved surgery? My husband reminded me that I've done my research thoroughly, have an experienced plastic surgeon, and won't ever need to have implants replaced in the future. Plus my pecs will be back where they belong, not right under my skin. It's been 5 months but I can't seem to get used to that feeling. It's not painful at all, just weird and hard to ignore.

I'm starting to make my hospital packing list, shopping for pj's, house cleaning and grocery shopping. Staying busy is a good idea for me. I'm determined to stay positive about this surgery. I feel sure I'll be happy with the results, but I'm just dreading the recovery time because I don't like to be restricted in what I can do. I have to keep reminding myself that I got through the mastectomy recovery period. I'll just keep chanting, "This too shall pass."

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking the same thing, "this too shall pass" before I got down to the end of today's blog. You will be in my prayers continuously. If you need anything, I'm a phone call away.

    ReplyDelete