Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Had a 6 month checkup with breast surgeon. This was the first time she had seen me post-DIEP. She thought everything looked very good. She wants to see me every 6 months until I reach the 2 year point, then once a year after that until I reach 5 years.

Dr. S says I can start weaning myself from the abdominal support over the next 2 weeks. He also promises that the abdominal tightness will relax as I become more active. When I think back to how it felt right after surgery when it seemed hard to take a deep breath, I realize that it has already loosened up quite abit. It's strange, but some days it's quite uncomfortable and tight, then other days it feels alot looser. I can't seem to find any reason for it. It doesn't seem to be related to how much I move around each day. I can definitely say that I'm looking forward to the day when it's not even noticeable. It makes me feel kind of claustrophobic at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment