Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tues, Oct 27 Oncologist Office Visit

Had a scheduled oncologist visit. Blood work shows that red blood count is a little low. Doctor says that's not unexpected considering my recent surgery. Looks like I should be eating a more iron-rich diet. My doctor thought my Stage 1 surgery results look very good. I am scheduled to get 1-2 more Lupron shots before my Stage 2/ovary removal surgery. I have a consult scheduled for Nov 23 with a new gyn who will most likely do the ovary removal. The doc asked me if I have any side effects from Arimidex, which I started taking in August. She said it can cause joint pain. I haven't noticed anything other than my normal, occasional knee stiffness. Advil works fine for that. She said if it gets worse, I can take 1500mg of glucosamine/chondroitin 3 times a day. Bone loss is also a side effect of Arimidex, so I'll have another bone density test in January.

I'm feeling good. I'm up to walking 1 1/2 miles on good weather days. Sleeping tons better, too.

Just this week I noticed a marble-sized hard lump in my right breast. Dr. S says it's either fat necrosis or scar tissue and is common and nothing to worry about. It'll be removed during Stage 2 surgery. He also said that abdominal tightness should start to subside in 1-2 months. It's already loosened up, but still has a long way to go as far as I'm concerned. It feels like wearing a tight waistband.

I'll be glad when all these doctor visits slow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment