Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday, October 8 - Office Visit

I went for another nurse visit today. I knew the purpose of the visit was to remove one or both remaining drains, but I promised myself that I wouldn't get my hopes up. I didn't want to repeat my drain meltdown from Monday. Lucky me, she did remove one of them, but Dr. S wants to wait until next Monday to remove the last one just to be on the safe side. I can handle that. When I'm down to one drain, I just stuff it into my pants pocket instead of pinning it to my clothes. For some reason, that gives me just enough of a mental boost to tolerate a few more days with that last wretched drain.

Still not sleeping that well because it's hard to get comfortable. I've learned to get up and do something until I get sleepy enough to go back to bed. I'm careful not to nap in the day so at least I have a shot at sleeping through the night. I'm not worried, though. Solid sleep will come in due time.

Still not allowed to drive or stand up fully straight because I don't want to stretch my abdominal incision. I must say, I'm so pleased at how well my abdominal scar is healing. The parts of the incision where the scabs are gone are just thin pink lines. I guess that's due to the dermabond he used. It's only at the ends of the incision that there's evidence of suturing below the skin. Dang, he's good!

More on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment