Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday, October 12, 2009 - Office Visit

Another nurse visit today. She removed the last drain today - I'm free! She also removed some stitches from my navel. Thank goodness I didn't look and couldn't feel it because it would have freaked me out. My navel is really the only area that still looks kind of red.

I'm also released to drive, stand up straight as long as it doesn't "pull" too much, and sleep without a pillow under my knees. She said to make sure I eat lots of protein which will help with the healing process.

I asked about the "mesh" that Dr. S. mentioned last week. It's an Alloderm mesh. I see Dr. S again on Monday so I'll ask more about it then.

I've been experiencing periods where my abdomen feels like it's tightening up. The nurse says it's muscle spasms and perfectly normal. It's not exactly what I would call painful - just uncomfortable.

I've slept more soundly the last few nights. It's a relief to be able to sleep on my side now. No more being awake for hours in the middle of the night. That alone does wonders for my mood!

My husband and I went into a couple of local stores after we got home. I can tell that my stamina isn't what it was before. I've been doing so much sitting the last 3 weeks. It's time to start walking again now that I can walk upright. I gently walked up and down my street about 6 times this evening. It felt good to be outside moving around.

Wednesday will be 3 weeks since my surgery. I never expected to be doing so well in such a short time. I'm very thankful!

My next doctor visit is Monday, Oct. 19.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the last drain removal! You've come so far in 3 weeks! I'm dreading my surgery in May, but if I think, "Just a few weeks until you start to feel like yourself." , I think I can do it. Thanks for sharing your experience.... it really helps!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete